Mankinholes Methodist Chapel near Todmorden in 1975.
is a hamlet near the town of Todmorden. Wesleyans first started
meeting here in the late 18th century and by 1814 had built their first
chapel followed by a Sunday School in 1833. The Chapel was later
enlarged and then rebuilt in 1911. A doctrinal disagreement in 1837 divided the community, the dissenters building their own chapel just down the road at Lambutts. By
1979, the chapel was suffering from decay and dry rot and it was
decided that it must close. The congregation merged with their rivals at
Lambutts and the Chapel demolished. The Sunday School survives as a