The Village Blacksmith

Chapel Lawn is a tiny community in South West Shropshire, not far from the Welsh Border but a good distance from any town of importance. The blacksmith was an important local craftsman for this was a time when almost all rural transport still depende upon the horse.  Photographed between 1910 and 1920, Chapel Lawn will have changed little over the past century.
The image has been digitally colourised from a black and white original.


No comments

Powered by Blogger.