Sunday, 18 November 2018

Chapel En Le Frith Stocks 1940


The 18th Century stocks still stand in Chapel-en-le-Frith's Market Place alongside the Market Cross. Behind is the Roebuck Hotel. A house was built here in the 13th century for the Duely family. Rebuilt in 1700, it became a beerhouse in 1720 known as the New Hall. Between 1750 and 1850 the building served as a courthouse until becoming the Roebuck Hotel

No comments:

Post a comment