A bus on route 27 for Buxton, waits opposite the Jodrell Arms in Whaley Bridge in the late 1930s. The bus, a Bristol JO5G model was built in 1936 for the North Western Road Car Company.
Bus services between Stockport and Buxton commenced in 1921 introduced by the British Bus Company of Macclesfield. That company became North Western in 1923 and on 1st March 1928 the new
"express" service 27 between Buxton and Manchester began. Buses left Buxton
between 7am and 9pm running every hour in the morning and every 30
minutes in the afternoon.
The photograph has been digitally colourised.